Friday, October 16, 2009

Shots = Success!!

Yesterday the 3 of us- Carsen, Madelyn and I, headed out for Madelyn's 4 month well baby check-up. Being that there were shots involved, I was somewhat dreading it. Her doctor said she looks great, and is very strong for her age. She has been rolling both ways for a couple months already! She's about 50% for height and weight. It's always good to hear that your child is thriving and doing well.
Next up were her shots. I figured since we were all there, that Carsen and I might as well get our flu shots (not the H1N1). I went first- to show Carsen how tough I was, of course! :) Then Carsen had his nasal vaccine.... this was a GREAT alternative to having the actual shot. He was a champ. Then it was Madelyn's turn... surprisingly, she did great, too! She didn't even cry! I was so proud of her! So this morning for a special treat being she was such a big girl yesterday, I told Madelyn that she could choose the shirt she wanted to wear today. She told me she wanted to borrow one of Carsen's old onesies, b/c it was her favorite. Below is a picture of Madelyn, wearing her all-time favorite onesie.

Yeah, that's right... it says "I Love Mommy". Good choice, Madelyn. That's my girl!! :)



Carsen is a hoot these days. He's absolutely 100% boy who loves to wrestle and play "kick the soccer ball" with daddy. However I think that having a sister is starting to wear off on him a bit. Here is a picture of Carsen playing this morning:

He went and got Keith's bible and told me "Mommy, I'm just going to read my Bible for a little bit". He's also holding a cup full of money from what he had been previously playing "store" with, and wearing an old red watch of mine. He's been sneaking into our room and playing with my jewelry in my jewelry box. Hmmmm..... He definately keeps me entertained throughout the day!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment