Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pumpkin Party!

Tonight our friends Chad & Tricia hosted a pumpkin party for the young couples at our church. It was fun! There were about 8 couples who attended along with our kids. It was definately a house full, but we all had a blast! We carved pumpkins! Carsen and I cleaned out the pumpkin, and then Keith carved it. Knives and Carsen wouldn't mix well... nor would knives and Amy... :)



Tonight I had my first experience with hobo stew. We all brought an unmarked can, and Tricia "brewed" it all together and we ate it! Surprisingly, it was really good!! Then we just hung out and chated for the rest of the night. Good times!




This is Carsen and his buddy Dave. David and his wife Katie started attending our church a few months ago. We've been hanging out a lot lately, and Carsen has really taken to Dave. He talks about Dave at home all the time and says he wants to tickle Dave! Carsen and Dave have the same crocs, which Carsen is very proud of. So here they are modeling them!





Here is Keith with his pumpkin that he carved! Pretty cool, huh! Yeah, that's right... my man can build houses AND carve pumpkins.




My exciting news from the evening was that I won a jar of candy corn! I guessed that there were 127 candy corn in the jar, and there were 128. Yay! I love candy!!!



We love that we attend a church where there are so many young couples that we so easilly click with. We're very blessed.







1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have a fun group of church friends! I agree - having a good young couples class can totally make a difference in a church. Except our class has now been promoted to "young families" since we're getting too old.

    Congrats on the candy guessing by the way! That's quite a skill!

    ReplyDelete