Last night I prepared a roast, along with carrots, potatos and a red pepper in our crock pot for dinner tonight. I had an early morning work event today, so I knew getting out the door would be a rush this morning. I plugged in the crock pot but left it "off", so I could just grab the pot out of the fridge, throw it in the "crock" part and switch it unto on.
All went as planned this morning. I was out the door with both kids by 7:30.
Perfect, right??
Wrong.
Keith calls me at 5:15, telling me I never plugged in the crock pot, so our delicious dinner sat all day without being cooked. I was bummed that I ruined a perfectly good roast and veggies. I actually kind of felt bad!
Until I got home.
I specifically remember that I plugged in the crock pot last night. I KNEW I did. I told Keith I was 100% positive.
Then he started laughing.
I knew it right away. HE was the one who unplugged the crock pot! He saw it plugged in last night with nothing inside, and thought he was helping by unplugging it.
Oh well. Thank goodness for frozen pizza, I guess!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment