Sunday, October 11, 2009

A nice week-end

This week-end Keith went down to IL with a friend to visit Karl and his family. They left on Friday after work and got home today.

I hate being home alone over night. Our home was broken into as a kid, and I think it's scarred me for life. Seriously. I Hate It.

Thank goodness that my parents live right across the street. That way if I were in some type of danger, they would be right there. If I get scared, I could call them and they could be over in less than a minute. Should make staying alone over night much easier, right?? WRONG. So on Friday night, I packed me and the kids up, and we headed over to grandpa & grandma's house for the week-end. We slept, hung out, and ate there. I only came home to let Dougan & Gracie outside every now and then. It was fun!

Keith got home this afternoon. I'm glad he's back. We're not apart very often at all, so when one of us is gone overnight, I really miss him. As glad as I was to have him home, I felt weird. Almost that my "week-end mini vacation" is over. Being I wasn't at home, I wasn't doing laundry, cleaning up the house, cooking meals, etc... I just took it easy, and even got to go shopping with just Madelyn on Saturday. SCORE!!

So yes, we're all glad that Keith is home. But when we brought all of our stuff home, Carsen asked "can we stay at grandma's again tonight?". I think he really enjoyed our "mini vacation" as well. We'll have to have more "mini vacations" over and grandpa & grandma's house more often... but next time with Keith! :)

**On a side note, I think I've figured out the whole comment thing... I think in order to comment you have to be a "follower". So- there ya have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment