Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sa-weeeet!!

On Friday, Ashley (me neice), Madelyn & I went on a little "field trip". I had gotten an invitation from Old Navy saying the first 50 customers on Friday would receive a bag, and everything you could stuff into the bag was an additional 50% off the lowest price. We got there right when they opened, and there were already people in line. No worries though. We were still in the first 50! When we got there, we got this bag. "Everything that you can stuff inside is 50%". Cool beans.
We shopped, and shopped, and shopped. At one point, I told Ashley I was about ready to go... well, an hour later, we were still there. We spent over 1 1/2 hours there. But we had a blast! And got TONS of stuff!! Right before we were ready to check out, we were folding items as tight as possible. This bag was overflowing. I thought there was NO WAY they would give us 50% off of everything, but they did! It was all "in the bag" when we got to the counter. When they bagged our stuff though, this is how much we had...
So needless to say, we had our bag quite stuffed! We had so much fun!! I knew we were going to be in the shopping mode, so I brought in Maddie's stroller. While we were in line, someone says... "oh, she's so cute! Oh, um... she is a girl, right?!"
Are you KIDDING me??!! Here is a picture of Madelyn that morning...

Sure, she had a blue shirt on, but c'mon... maybe they didn't notice the PINK blanket covering her, and her PINK barret??!! Oh well... no offense taken. But I happen to think my little Madelyn looks pretty girly!
My dad had the day off work, so during our shopping trip, Carsen got to go to Grandpa's house. He had so much fun!! So much fun that he didn't want to come home. When we got home, I fed him lunch, and he fell asleep. This has never happened in his long, 2 1/2 years of life.


I think it's safe to say that it was a good day, had by all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment