Sunday, November 29, 2009

Our Illinois Get-A-Way

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Ours was fantastic. We left on Tuesday afternoon and drove down to IL. The trip down went surprisingly well... we made it down with only stopping 1 time, so it only took us 6 hours. (which we were really excited about! We thought with Carsen in his undies, he would want to stop more frequently to go potty. Guess he has a bladder like an elephant...) :)


Carsen spent a lot of time with Keith's dad... aka, Grandpa Yee-Haw. They played and read books and went to the park. I have a feeling Grandpa Yee-Haw will be up to MN soon for another visit! I'm not sure how long he'll be able to stay away from his little buddy!


Madelyn also enjoyed lots of time with Grandma & Grandpa! She's such a happy baby! And very talented... she can make a burrito of herself in her blanket!

Keith's aunt & uncle (Wally & Nanette) along with 2 of their 3 boys (Jordan and Tim) drove down from the Milwaukee area for a visit on Friday night. It's always so great to see them and spend time with them. We also enjoyed seeing Doug & Erin. Erin hosted our gi-normous Thanksgiving Dinner at her house... the food was delicious. And Erin is due to have a baby in 7 weeks!! How exciting is that?!



We were able to meet up with a bunch of Keith's highschool friends and their families for breakfast. There are 5 families represented here... 3 of us have baby girls born this past year (who have an older brother at home) so they all got to meet eachother! It was so fun!!




Here's a picture of the kids right before we left. Carsen was obsessed with the hat he's wearing. Keith's grandma made it many moons ago. Carsen would NOT take it off... he took a 3 hour nap on the way home wearing it. Also, notice the look on his face... yes, it was time to come home and get back into our normal routine. We'll be back in just 2 months though to meet Carsen and Madelyn's new cousin!
We also made it with only 1 stop on the way home! We stopped at a nice rest area and hiked around a bit by the water. Carsen and Madelyn were both well rested by this point, and I happily captured this:



Yes, and you know me... Miss Picture-Aholic... I then gave a complete stranger my camera and asked her to take a picture of our family in front of the Mississippi River. I know, I know... I'm such a small-towner...
It's always so fun to get away for the holidays and spend some time with family... and it's always nice to get home again. I'm definately a home-body...
Yes, that's right.... call me Dorothy, but There's No Place Like Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment