Keith went with a group of church guys on Friday night to help do some work at a camp. As you may remember from
this post, I hate being home alone overnight. Many of our friends had plans, and my parents were gone for the evening, too. So I decided to tough it out at home! :) Carsen asked if Logan (the neighbor boy) could come over and play, so he did.

We played Candy Land! This was Carsen's first time. He really enjoyed it!

After Madelyn went to bed, I told Carsen I had a surprise for him. I had rented "Sid the Science Kid" for Carsen. He LOVES this show. He doesn't get to watch much tv, so this was a treat for him!

We popped popcorn and drank rootbeer, and I told Carsen he could stay up as long as he wanted. I figured that he would crash around 9:30... 10:00 at the latest. Well, finally at 11:00 (yes, that's right... THREE hours past his normal bedtime) I told him it was time for bed. I was tired, and knew that Madelyn would still wake up 1-2 times to eat, plus get up around 7:00. So I needed my sleep! I did tell him that he could sleep with me, though. I told him since daddy was gone, that mommy needed someone to snuggle with.

We had a blast! He's not the stuggler that Keith is, but it was fine for a night! And on a complete sidenote, this little guy is cutting THREE of his 2-year old molars (finally, now that he's 2 1/2) and the only reason I know is b/c I saw them. No bothers from it at all. What a trooper! :)
Aww, sounds like a fun night! My Addie likes nothing better than "Family Movie Night" complete with popcorn of course!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a cutie! Look at those dimples!