Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 was divine!!

2009 was a great year for us! Here is a short re-cap of some of our favorites!!


We knew that Carsen's title of "only child" would be ending this year, so we had lots of fun playing and doing some special things!


Carsen experienced his first real Easter Egg Hunt. It was a HUGE hit for him! We still have "egg hunts" in our livingroom!!


My parents both turned 60 this year, and also celebrated their 40th wedding anniverary. Us kids (there are 4 of us) planned a party for them. They enjoyed seeing family and friends at the event!


With Carsen turning 2 soon, I wanted to take advantage of one more free plane ticket for him, so the 2 of us went to Michigan for the week-end to visit Brien, Dawn and their kids. Here is a picture of Dawn and I, both pregnant. We were about 3 weeks apart. I guess this is technically Madelyn's & Cara's first picture taken together!!



Speaking of being pregnant, I spent 1/2 of the year pregnant. Eventhough I don't know how to make this picture so it's not sideways, you get the idea pretty easilly at how huge I got... and this was when I still had a month left!! ;) As huge and as misarable as I was, I already miss being pregnant! :)


Our "little guy" Carsen turned 2 on March 1st!! Here he is with the ladybug birthday cake that I made for him. He loved it!!


Madelyn Lou was born on June 4th at 7:37 am. I was schedule for an induction at 6:30 am (about a week early, due to my doctor going on vacation) but my water broke on it's own at 2:30 am. 5 hours later, we met our daughter. This labor was much easier and FASTER than Carsen, which I was super thankful for!!


My childhood best friend, Erica (along with her husband and daughter, Ashlyn) came to MN to meet Madelyn! We had a great week-end together!


We took our first family vacation to our traditional Labor Day spot, LUTSEN!! Carsen really had a blast swimming and going down the Alpine Slide. He still talks about it!


We are really enjoying having 2 kids. We feel so blessed! They are really forming a bond between eachother which is super fun to watch.


Tonight we spent New Year's Eve at my sister's house. "Auntie" watches Carsen and Madelyn on the days I work (part-time). We enjoyed playing Wii tonight and drinking "bubbly" as Carsen calls it.

2009 was so much fun! I'm confident that 2010 will be great, and I trust it is for you as well.

As far as New Year's Resolutions... I haven't even thought about it. I'm just going to keep on living life, and enjoying it to the fullest. We have so much to be thankful for.

Speaking of 2010... 5 minutes until the New Year... time to go kiss my awesome hubby!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun little recap! Love the pic of you and Dawn prego together.

    ReplyDelete