I actually mean it more this month, though.
I can NOT believe that Madelyn is 6 months old.
A whole, half of a year old.
I have no idea where the past 6 months have gone. They say that time flies when you're having fun, and it's so cliche, but it's so true. We're having so much fun with Carsen and Madelyn.
Here is a picture of Madelyn yesterday on her 1/2 birthday...
I remember the events of June 4th as if they were yesterday. I remember going to the hospital, being in labor (which was much shorter this time around, thank goodness!) and holding my daughter for the first time. We had been told in 2 ultrasounds that we were having a girl, but I didn't believe it. When she was born, I remember saying "I can't believe 'it's a girl'! I can't believe I have a daughter!". Madelyn has been a fairly easy baby since she was born. No colic, no 'crying all night' episodes... the girl hasn't even had Tylenol or Motrin yet for a sickness. She's THAT good! :)
This past week we did something pretty difficult, though... we did 'sleep training' with Madelyn. She had been getting up 2 times a night, and I was flat out exhausted. Beginning on Sunday night, we let her cry it out in the night. It was S.O. H.A.R.D. The first night she cried for a bit over an hour on and off... the 2nd night was 30 minutes of talking/crying, the 3rd night was about 5 minutes of talking, and the 4th night she slept all the way through. I am so thankful... this mama is ready to get some good stretches of sleep at night!
Madelyn is rolling all over the place, and is starting to sit up on her own. She is starting to babble "da-da". I say "babble" b/c I know she doesn't actually KNOW what she's saying. Clearly, if she did know what she was saying, she would say MAMA. :)
I love this stage... I love that Madelyn loves to laugh and giggle with us, but still loves to snuggle. Because she isn't mobile yet, she still enjoys sitting on our laps. I know once she starts crawling that it will be a different story. But for now, I'm lovin' it.
I'm lovin' life.
She sure is a doll! I love her owl shirt too! And congrats on the sleep training. I need to start that with Tate soon since he gets up to eat in the night still, but I'm waiting 'til he's 4 months. I hate to hear him cry for me, but I know it'll be worth it to make him sleep all night!
ReplyDeleteYay for sleep training! We need to re-sleep train Macklin. We did it at 5 months and it worked great with minimal crying. Now, after teething, an ear infection, traveling, etc. he's back to getting up to eat 2-3 times at night and it's wearing me down. I think it's going to be a lot harder this time, but necessary!
ReplyDelete2 different Katie's posted on my blog, and we all know eachother... isn't it such a small world?! :)
ReplyDeleteMadelyn got up at 5:15 this morning to eat, so I got up. I fugure if she does get up 1 time, that's better than before. I'll allow it for a few more weeks before we do sleep training week #2 to get her consistantly through the night! :)
Great job! Listening to them cry and be very tough. Sleep well :)
ReplyDelete