Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Things happen in "3's", right?!

Well, in this case, it's 3 anti-biotics.

Our sweet Madelyn has been fighting a cold for a week now. Yesterday I noticed her eye was pink. This morning it was quite buggery, so I took her in. She has pink eye. She also has a minor ear infection, which I guess is quite common with pink eye. And rememeber that lump on her face that they thought was mumps? Well, they now think it's a bacterial infection in one of her lymph nodes. Not serious, but a big enough deal where she needs medicine to wipe it out. So here's what we got...

Augmenton: this will take care of the lymph node and slight ear infection (which by the way, wasn't bothering her... but given all her other issues, we'll take it) and will wipe out any other bacterial thing bogging her down right now.

Eye drops: this will prevent Madelyn from sharing her pink eye with her family...(the wonderful doctor prescribed Madelyn extra drops so there's enough for our whole entire family!! Yippee!! Drugs for the whole family with only Madelyn's Co-Pay?? BONUS!!)

Anti-biotic cream: This makes me laugh, but makes me feel like a bad mom... Madelyn has a crack on the underneath of her nose. And all you other moms out there probably know why... I do NOT like the look of a buggery kid. Eeewwww. Gross-ness. So when my kids have crusties on their nose, I either wipe it with a warm washcloth, or pick them off with my fingers. Apparantly I have been doing a bit too much picking, b/c she has a crack that the dr thought needed a prescription to heal. And this was the conservative doctor... the one who only gives medicine if it is absolutely necessary.

*sigh* I'm sorry, Maddie. I'll try to see the beauty of your face behind all the buggers, and not pick at them any more.

My name is Amy Kramer, and I'm a pick-a-holic.

3 comments:

  1. Poor Maddie! But I'm with you on the picking... don't like boogery kids! Well, I guess I like the kids, just not the boogers. ;)

    And yes, I'm still here! I'm going to TRY to post tomorrow. It's just hard with a houseful of guests. But we'll see what I can come up with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pick Raegann's nose all the time- YIKES! Better start wiping it instead. Hope everyone heals up so we can see you next Thursday!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete