Maddie will be 1 on June 4, and I've always said I would be done nursing at a year. I went a year with Carsen. Well... that gives me less than 3 weeks to completely wean her, AND get her to take a sippy cup.
Let's be real...
Prolly' ain't gonna happen.
*sigh*
Don't worry, though... I am not going to end up like this lady.... she still breastfeeds her 8 year old daughter. Check out this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxv6R9fUO74&feature=related
So back to breastfeeding, and why I choose to do it... 1- it's healthy. 2- it's easy. (I personally think it's easier to breastfeed than it is to bottle feed) 3- it's free.
#3 is definately up for debate by some, though. If you figure a years worth of formula is $1200 ($100/ month, which is a total guess) than breastfeeding is quite the savings... until you factor in that it totally wrecks your (yes, I'm gonna say it) boobs. Bad. Ugly. Forever Gone.
So for some, it's a toss up... say you have 3 kids and breastfeed each for the full year. You save $3600 on formula, but then you have to PAY a doctor probably about that much to fix your boobs, and make them look
That's ok... to me the pros have definately out-weighed the cons. I'm glad I stuck with it for a year... but I'm still hoping to be done relatively soon!!
Check out the youtube video I posted of myself breastfeeding Madelyn...
JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!
I hear ya! I just finished nursing my third (and last) and am reaping the consequences. But I wouldn't have given it up for anything! I loved it!
ReplyDeleteAlthough after watching that video, I think I may need to vomit. That is just twisted!
There was a 3 yr old at the Library last week that asked his mother to "eat". She told him they'd wait until they got home. Ewwww.
ReplyDeleteI nursed my kids for 5-6 months each and there are aweful consequences....so someday after we're done having kids I am having them "fixed."
ReplyDelete