When Madelyn woke up this morning, her "lump" looked a little bigger than it did yesterday. I called her pediatrician, and she said to stop the augmenten, since it was only causing us trouble. She also said she thought it was necessary for Madelyn to see the ENT in town. The ENT is hard to get into, but he was willing to fit us in on Thursday- perfect.
Madelyn later developed a fever. I called her doctor AGAIN and she said to bring her in right away. She's definately getting another cold, but being that she has this unexplained lump on her face AND a fever, it concerns them. We were at the dr's office for over 2 hours today getting bloodwork and other tests done. So far, her blood levels are pretty normal, which is a good sign. Eventhough she's been on augmenten for a week, she still has an ear infection in her left ear (which could be causing her fever). The doctor looked in Madelyn's right ear, but couldn't even see the ear drum b/c her face is so swollen. They are also testing her for tb... eventhough I have no idea what that is. Maybe that's a good thing, though...
Our pediatrician called Mayo Clinic in Rochester today to discuss Madelyn's case with the pediatrician ENT there. I've never been to Mayo clinic before, but I've heard they're extremely hard to get into. Well, we're going tomorrow. The Pediatric ENT thought it was important that we get to the bottom of this asap. They want to make sure that there isn't some type of infection going on, specifically in her blood. There are many scarey possiblities that it could be. But our doctor said she really thinks it's either a clogged gland (that will need to be drained by the doctor) or a lymph node gone bad (which would need to be surgically removed). These 2 things would be good scenerios.
So tomorrow at 3:45 Keith and I are headed to Mayo Clinic with Maddie. We were told to pack our overnight bags, "just in case". The ENT will evaluate her, and probably give her a CT scan, which will require sedation. :(
I know that God is in control, but my nerves are defiantely getting the best of me tonight. I want our little girl to be alright. I want this to be behind us. I want to move on.
We'll update on the blog and facebook as soon as we have some answers... hopefully tomorrow. As annoying as facebook is, it sure is handy, isn't it?! ;)
Thanks for prayin'.
My thoughts are with you Amy. It is always scary when your children become ill and there are no immediate answers. You wondered what TB was, it's Tuberculosis. This is a website I frequent alot http://www.revolutionhealth.com/conditions/lung/tuberculosis/overview?section=section_02
ReplyDeleteI hope lil Maddie is ok.
Amy (Morgan)
Hey Amy,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted you to know that we are definitely praying for you guys. We are praying all goes well tomorrow. Love ya.
Totally praying for you guys and little Maddie. I'm sure you must be scared, but I'm glad you know God is in control. But still... is it possible to be a mother and not worry about your little ones? I'll be eager to hear what's going on with her.
ReplyDeleteWe will be praying for Maddie. I pray that it is nothing serious and your little gal will be back to full swing in no time. Will be waiting for some updates as well.
ReplyDeleteBeth
We are praying for you and Maddie. God is in control and he is the ultimate healer - keep trusting. I know as a mom it is the hardest thing to sit and wait for results, just keep praying and you will find peace. I will be praying for safe travels, considerate doctors and nurses and strength for Maddie. I am praying for Carsen as well, he is such a good big brother I am sure he is a little confused too right now. Keith for strength to keep you all going. Love you guys - keep me posted
ReplyDeletePraying for you all!
ReplyDelete