Monday, January 4, 2010

Augmentin didn't work.... how about lime juice???

Keith took Madelyn to the chiropractor today to see if he has any ideas about her swollen cheek. We go to Dr Bob Erickson here in town, and we love him. He's very knowledgable and thorough.
He was fairly confident that the swollen "thing" on Madelyn is not a lymph node. He's pretty sure that it's a clogged saliva gland. The treatment?? Sour things. Normally he recommends sucking on lemon drops and sour gummy worms,but with a baby, that's a bit difficult. So... we're using lime juice. Straight from the siringe lime juice. She definately got the "sour" look when we gave it to her, but she takes it better than the augmentin. I think she actually likes it!
I don't think the augmentin has touched the swelling. The only thing it did for her is gave her the "hershey squirts". We are currently going through about 3 outfits per day. *boo-hoo*
Dr Erickson said the sourness will cause the saliva to move, and therefore unclog her gland, causing it to drain. He said we should see results within a few days. I hope so. My mommy-worryness is starting to kick in a bit. Everytime I look at her, I'm reminded that something is wrong. And I hate not knowing what it is. I really trust Dr Erickson though, and am hopeful that the swelling starts going down soon as we pump the lime juice!
Has anyone else ever heard of this???????

1 comment:

  1. Poor Madelyn... poor momma! Sorry, I can't say I've heard of this, but I just wanted you to know that I care and will pray that it will go away!

    ReplyDelete