Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Filled with gratitude

We headed back to Mayo today for Madelyn's MRI. It was a hard day. I know the doctors at Mayo are some of the best in the world, but handing my little girl over to a complete stranger was difficult.


She did much better coming out of anesthesia today. She wasn't too upset, and was happy once she was back with her mommy and daddy! :) We only had to be in recovery for a little over an hour and then were sent home.
Then we waited...and waited... and waited... well, ok... it was only a couple hours, but when you're waiting for vital information, it feels like forever. We got a call from the ped ENT and said she had all good news. Madelyn's brain is 100% healthy and normal, and they are confident that what she has in her face is a hemangioma. It hasn't grown in the past 2 weeks since the CT Scan, so eventhough it might grow some, they don't expect any super rapid growth from it. They also said that because her skin hasn't turned the "strawberry red" color that hemangiomas normally turn yet, that it probably won't. So eventually (probably in the next 1-2 years) it will go away on it's own.
I am relieved, to say the absolute least. And once again, I feel so blessed for so many reasons. Blessed that God has given us 2 healthy kids, of which I am so grateful for. Bless to have an awesome husband who can calm my nerves and is very loving and comforting. Blessed to have family close by who were able to help us through this situation. And blessed by friends. So many friends have sent cards, e-mails, comments on the blog or facebook, calls, and someone even gave us a check for gas from all the driving we've been doing- completely unnecessary, but so much appreciated. All the encouragement of asking how we were doing, telling us you were praying or telling us you loved us meant so much. Through this situation, I felt a peace that I know could have only come from God, thanks to everyone's prayers.
I wish we wouldn't have had to go through this, but we did... and I can honestly say I've grown because of it.
I'm thankful that this is God's will for our little Maddie.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, so glad to hear that everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she's okay and that you have such a great circle of people who love you guys!

    ReplyDelete