Friday, November 5, 2010

my SAD day

October 30th was a sad day for me as a mommy. It wasn't totally a bad day, being it's the day that my older brother Brad (the one who lives in Israel) was born, but October 30, 2010 was a sad day for me.

We were overjoyed when we had Carsen. I loved that we would have that "big brother" influence. He's such a joy and so much fun! Then I was delighted when we learned Madelyn was a girl. I had visions of going to get her ears pierced, going shopping, and getting to fix her long, beautiful hair.

Well, Madelyn had long hair. Or should I say, she had a few long hairs. As much as I tried to avoid the topic for some time, it was apparant to me that her hair was border line mullet.


I have been putting off her first haircut for some time, just b/c at almost 18 months, I was sad to be giving my daughter he first hair cut.


 Madelyn sat well while I chopped the few hairs off, but was very excited when we were "all done".


 As you can see, I didn't take much off...

but I felt like it made a huge difference. The mullet is gone... along with some of her curl. I'm afraid that Maddie has her mommy's fine, straight boring hair.
 I was hoping she would be blessed with daddy's ultra thick and curly hair.
Sorry, Madelyn...

Now as soon as Madelyn is able to tell me that she wants her ears pierced (per her daddy's rule)
we'll be running to the mall to get that done. I can't wait for that!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment