We finally had our first taste of Christmas at the Kramer home this week-end. Keith and I are in full agreement that the majority of the decorations should go up after Thanksgiving, so we'll finish this week-end.
But with snow on the ground and the chilly MN weather, I put a few Christmas CD's into my van's cd player, and we put up Carsen & Madelyn's trees.
I scored these 2 trees last year on Clearance. We got both trees with all the accessories for about $10. Considering all the joy they have already provided for the kids, they were WELL worth it!
Carsen enjoyed putting all the ornaments on himself this year. It took forever! a while, being he had to make sure each ornament was in the. perfect. spot. It was quite cute, though. :)
He's very proud of his Christmas tree!!!
Madelyn has her own tree, too. Of course her theme is PINK! She loves looking at it and calling it "puppy". (we're working on broadening her word base)
The only other decoration we have up is our outdoor Christmas lights (although we refuse to turn them on yet). We're on the ball, huh?? Not really, actually. We never took them down from last year. I know... we're lazy. But now that it's cold out, we're super thankful that they're already up and that Keith doesn't have to get on the roof again!
Speaking of Keith... can anyone say 3 1/2 weeks of school left??!!!! Y-A-Y!!!
So has anyone else started their Christmas decorating?
Are you done?
Am I ahead of the game or way behond??!!
Slacker.
ReplyDeleteTree has been up for a week.
Lights outside have been up for 2 weeks.
Presents have been under the tree for about a week.
Christmas Scents have been in full force for about 3 weeks.
I don't put up a whole lot of other knick knacky nonsense around the house. I just flat out hate putting it away and don't need the extra work of it. Plus, then I have to dust around it as well.
I refuse to decorate until after Thanksgiving. One holiday at a time!! But I am almost done shopping and have some presents wrapped. Sitting in a pile. Awaiting the tree...which will not be put up until at least Thursday!
ReplyDeleteNo decorations here ! Not until after Thanksgiving. We will work on them this weekend most likely.
ReplyDeleteI hide the paper on Thursday until about 7pm after dinner and dessert then we can think of Christmas.
We normally do all of our decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year, Chad is having a little "procedure" done tomorrow... so we had to do it early. And I tell ya, I didn't think I'd like having everything up so early, but it feels so good to not have to do it this weekend! :)
ReplyDelete