Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy {belated} Halloween!

Halloween was so much fun this year!

The week-end started off with our neighbors having a party! It was geared towards the kids, but us adults definately had a good time, too.
They had a pumpkin carving contest, so Keith put his handi-work to it's best.

 Madelyn was completely freaked out not too big a fan of the pumpkin.


Carsen actually really enjoyed it!!

Sorry... no pictures of the awesome, final product.

And eventhough you didn't win Keith, you're still #1 in my book...

The kids got all dressed and ready to go. Carsen was a monkey, and Maddie was a kitty. If you don't already know, I am a huge clearance gal. So last year I scored each of these costuomes at Old Navy's clearance for under $2 each!


The party was a blast! The kids did halloween crafts...

 and played some games. Here are some of the kids. It's impossible to get a good picture of all of them, so here's the best one I got. (and it's even missing my sweet little Madelyn kitty...)

 Our first trick-or-treating stop on Halloween was to visit Grandpa Schuler.
As you can see from Carsen's face, he adores Grandpa!

 We even had a visit from a pirate and a dragon!! (please note Carsen's excitement)

Carsen & Madelyn did well. We went trick-or-treating around the neighborhood, and at about 7:15 Carsen asked if we could go home. I think he thought he already had enough candy.




What do YOU think?

Madelyn was into it, too. She loved people putting candy into her little pumpkin. She didn't actually realize it was candy, but after people gave her candy, she would sign "more". Yes... that's my girl. Just like her mama.

What's the best part of being a parent to 2 cute little kids who get a ton of candy??

You get to raid it all as soon as they go to bed!

This pregnant mama has NO willpower. None. Zippo. I'm glad I can blame my halloween candy bulging belly on my 7 week old little peanut... :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! Love those costumes - and especially the awesome price you paid for them! And oh how I miss being able to blame my bulging tummy on a baby. Take advantage of that as much as you can! In other words, go to town on that candy, girl!

    ReplyDelete