The church we attend has a ton of kid's programs. We're especially thankful now that we have kids!
I volunteer in one of the groups, and had a conversation with a girl last week that has really touched me.
She told me how her mom has been in and out of jail. They have been eating cereal for all 3 meals, b/c they can't afford anything else, and her mom doesn't feel like making anything different. She just found out that her 11 year old brother in Mexico was killed, but doesn't know how or from what. Yet still, this girl was happy, and had a smile on her face. Talk about a rough life. But she was making the best out of what she had- even if it wasn't much.
I often complain because I don't know what to make for supper... I should be thankful that we have food to eat.
Sometimes I grumble because a mom's work is never done, and there's always house cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping... instead I should be counting my blessings that we have a home and money to buy food.
My kids complain and disobey, and I often think "being a parent is hard". I know of people who would give almost anything to have children, but aren't able to. I need to thank God that we have been blessed with 2 healthy kids.
Being a parent is hard. Being a parent is tiring. Being a parent is by far the toughest job that I have ever been given.
BUT...
Being a parent brings me so much joy, happiness and love. Watching Keith with our kids makes me love him even more. My heart has more love than I have ever imagined. I love being a parent, and wouldn't wish it any other way.
Bring on the joys of parenting that comes along with the trials. I'm up for the challange. In fact, I count it a privildge to have been given the opportunity.
Well said Amy :)
ReplyDeleteGreat reminder! Thanks for posting this!
ReplyDelete