Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First day.

The day after Labor Day brings much anticipation for many. Typically it's the first day of school! This year I was anticipating a new change, too.

For the past couple years, I have worked 3 days a week as the finance director at the Faribault Chamber. I really enjoy my job. Working part-time makes me a better mom. I miss my kids during the day, and come home feeling refreshed and excited to see them again.

My sister (Angie) has been doing daycare for both of the kids, which has been wonderful. She has taught both of my kids so much, and they have really enjoyed going to Autie's house Monday-Wednesday. About 9 months ago, Angie told me that her husband would be looking for a Sr Pastor position, so there is a good chance they will be moving. I was very sad, and my heart was heavy. Not only would we miss them like crazy, but I had no idea what to do with my kids.

About a week later, I found out that my good friend Amy was pregnant with her 3rd child. As we talked, we both discussed how we enjoy getting out a little to work, but she couldn't justify paying for her 3 kids in daycare. Amy & I are very similiar with our values, religion and disciplining, not to mention that our kids love eachother.

Long story short, our new schedule started today! Amy will work Monday & Tuesday while I watch our kids, and I will work Wednesday & Thursday while Amy watches the kids. I am excited to be home a little bit more, but love that my kids will still have interaction with other children. Today went well. At one point, all 5 kids were sleeping at the same time!

My kids will definately miss not being at their Auntie's, but I think that for the long term this is a great solution for everyone. I'm so thankful to have a friend like Amy to do this with.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I just noticed the line under your blog title. You still have this girl to convert... ;)

    And how wonderful that you have a good friend to share childcare with! What a perfect setup!

    ReplyDelete