We spent the long Labor Day Week-end in Lutsen! Out of my 30 years of life, I've probably spent about 27 of those years up in Lutsen over Labor Day. I love the tradition! This year we headed up with my parents, my brother Brien and his family, and my sister Angie and her kids. We rent a huge condo, so it's pretty much 4 nights of family FUN! I was fortunate to travel a ton growing up, but going up to the north shore is still one of my all-time favorite vacation spots.
Eventhough Friday was cold, rainy & windy, we ventured out to Grand Marais. Madelyn was teeny tiny last year, so she got to experience many "firsts" this year. She had her first "World's Best Donut" and her first "Sven & Ole's Pizza". YummmMmMmM!!!
She had an absolute BLAST chasing the seagulls!
On Saturday, many of us got up early and went for a canoe ride!
Then we were off to the Alpine Slide! Carsen went last year, so he was an old pro at it!
Madelyn went for her first ride this year. The age requirement is 2, and Maddie is 15 months. She 'almost' looks 2, right?! :)
We also went for a Gondola ride up the "mountain". It was very pretty at the top!
Keith & I wrote our names on this deck about 9 years ago... we get our picture taken by it every year!
On Sunday we enjoyed more time hiking and skipping rocks! We went to Cascade River...
We enjoyed the beautiful scenery and hiking around.
Keith is in the thick of completing his Masters degree, so he was doing homework some of the time. We were still able to enjoy some great time together. I love this guy!
Our trip to Lutsen this year was better than we had hoped. We're already anticipating our next trip!
Looks like a fun time! I love all the pics of your adorable family. And I have totally been to Grand Marais and eaten at Sven and Ole's!
ReplyDelete