Monday, September 13, 2010

Looking for suggestions.

I facilitate a ladies sunday school class/bible study at our church. The studies that we have done and really enjoyed include authors Beth Moore and Elizabeth George. Does anyone have a specific study or author that they would recommend?? Please share!

Thanks mucho!! :)

6 comments:

  1. we did don't waste your life by john piper last fall and it was really terrific!
    we are doing lies women believe and the truth that sets them free by nancy leigh demoss this fall...starts on thurs...not sure what to expect with this one, but it's been highly recommended to me and others, so i'm excited about it.
    let me know what you choose...I am very excited about hearing of new good curriculae!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you done a lot of Beth Moore? Would you want to do another one of hers? Which one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you done a lot of Beth Moore? Would you guys want to do another one of hers? She has a couple of new ones out one on Revelations..."HERE AND NOW ~THERE AND THEN" and another "The Inheritance Series". We haven't done them, but her studies are usually really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy - I was in a bible study by Priscilla Shirer last semester. It was awesome! It is a video series (Beth Moore loves Priscilla's teaching)
    It was a 2 book series - #1 He Speaks to Me and #2 Discerning the Voice of God. They taught me how to be still and listen for God.
    Great series!

    Nanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our church will be doing Here and Now ~ There and Then in an evening class this semester. The morning group will do it next semester (that's when I will take it) I am looking forward to it. This semester I am taking a study by John McArthur - 12 woman of the Bible. ( my mom is going with me for the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my 3rd Beth Moore study. I have done "The Patriarchs" and "Daniel", and we're currently doing "Esther". Beth Moore is a phenomenal woman in my eyes. She knows her some scripture, and she teaches in a way that is not only exciting (which makes me want to dig deep in her studies) but also does it in a way that I retain it. I have been so convicted through this Esther study, especially. We would love to do another one of her studies, but all agree that maybe we need to do something "lighter" in the meantime. :)

    ReplyDelete