Friday, July 2, 2010

We need some ZzZzZz's...

This week was Vacation Bible School at church. It was an awesome week, but a very busy and tiring one. I typically get home about 5:30 with the kids, so to eat (and make!) dinner and scoot out the door by 6:10 for church was definately a rush. When we got home at 9:00 pm from VBS, Carsen was wired from having fun, not to mention on a sugar high from the kool-aid we had for snack time. We're all tired.

It was all worth it, though.

My mom and I taught the 3-Pre K age group. We had between 10 & 12 kids there every night. The kids were wild and crazy some of the time, but they were also very receptive to what was being taught... and that is what was most important. We learned about God's Treasure. The kids had fun. We had fun. Carsen brought a few friends throughout the week, and they had fun. Carsen loved being able to bring friends with him.

I was so happy to have yesterday off work to be home with my kids. My house was a mess. Our dishwasher was full of clean dishes that needed to be put away. My dryer had clean clothes in it that needed folding. Our refridgerator was nearly empty. There was dust about an inch thick on all my furniture.

But I didn't care.

Yesterday I made a choice that I was going to ignore what my house looked like, and just have fun with my kids. Too often I worry about what my house looks like, but yesterday I didn't care. Carsen, Madelyn and I had such a fun day together. We played a ton. We laughed a ton. We went on a walk, a bike ride and a hike. We played on our swingset. We even had a dance party. It was an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment