Sunday, July 11, 2010

My grown-up kids

Keith and I really feel like our kids are getting are getting big lately. We are enjoying our summer so much! We love the freedom we have with the age our kids are at. We're really torn about whether we should take the plunge for 1 more baby (eventually) or if we're complete with our 2 kids... that's a whole 'nother post for a whole 'nother day, though. (however if anyone has any strong opinions either way, I want to hear them!)

Carsen is in the middle of his swimming lessons right now. He's enjoying them so much, along with his good buddy (and neighbor) Logan!

Being we don't have lessons on the week-end, Carsen wanted to practice his swimming moves in our kiddie pool!


Not to mention, show off to his favorite sis.



They love eachother so much! Maddie thinks Carsen is such a hoot, and I love seeing how happy they make eachother.



Pathetic as it may sound, it makes me sad that Carsen is nearing 3 and a HALF. That's 1/2 way to FOUR!


He's getting so big. He's so much fun. I love this little guy to pieces.

The same goes for Maddie... 1 month ago, Madelyn was a breastfeed baby who loved her some mama and baby food, and would only take a bottle if the milk inside was warm. She now LOVES her sippy cup with her cold milk in it! The girl is a milk drinking fool. She puts her big brother to shame!!



She's almost all done with babyfood, too. Madelyn took her first steps on May 5, but never really took off with her walking. We're finally seeing her take an interest in walking. Maddie definately has a mind on her own, and isn't going to do anything until she is ready! I think she's finally ready, though. Madelyn is also becoming a daddy's girl. It's absolutely adorable. I think Keith really enjoys it, too.

Today Madelyn wore pigtails for the first time!



I've been told that she is starting to sport a bit of a mullet though, so a post will be coming very soon of her first haircut. This makes me very sad as a mommy... I didn't want my little girl to get a haircut this soon, but it's necessary. I told Keith I didn't want to cut her hair until she got her ears pierced, but I'm going to cave. I care too much about her well being to allow her to sport a mullet.

The End.

4 comments:

  1. SO cute! Love your line at the top on converting families...hilarious!
    Take the plunge! I'm all about encouraging *other* families to have one more! :) Maybe you'll get twins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make good kids.
    i think you'll know when you're done.
    for now, just enjoy who you've got.
    every season has its blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are absolutely adorable!!! That being said - you definitely should go for 3 (or maybe 4 like Londa said)! ;) When we were deciding on the 3rd, I thought, "I'll never regret having another baby, but I may regret NOT having another one." And you know, after Tate was born, I've always felt our family was finally complete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie... it's funny you say that about regretting NOT having another, b/c that is exactly what Keith and I were discussing the other night. Besides, I HAVE to get pregnant again, being I have a ton of cute preggo clothes now! :) I'm sure we'll take the plunge for #3... eventually...

    ReplyDelete