Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Camp conflict resolution

Cattiness. Drama. Emotions. Gossip. Backstabbing. Jealousy. Unkind. Unloving.

Why are women so mean?

I have had my share of drama lately, that's for sure. I h.a.t.e. drama.

I am currently going through a Beth Moore bible study titled Esther- It's Tough Being a Woman. This study has been fabulous. Not only am I learning a ton about the book of Esther, but I am learning a lot about women. (not to mention that I'm doing this study with a great group of women, so we're having fun in the process!)

A lesson from last week in Esther 3: (please don't mind my paraphrasing)
Haman was mad at Mordecai the Jew, and basically made a deal with King Xerxes that he could do whatever he wanted to him (and all the jews for that matter). An edict was given to the jews that they were all going to be killed. The timing of the deliverance of this edict is what strikes me of being so amazing, though. The edict was delivered while the Jews were celebrating of The Passover. The Passover was a terrible time for the jews, but God carried them through. With the edict being delivered at the same time they were celebrating the passover, it was a reminder to the Jews that God had brought them through the passover, so He'll bring them through this situation with Haman.

Then this morning a friend of mine (thanks, Jenney!) sent this verse to me:

Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; then you will find rest for your souls. —Jeremiah 6:16

I find both of these things so encouraging. God knows what I'm going through. He has His perfect plan for me. Eventhough I don't understand the why or how long questions, God knows exactly why.

As much as I despise drama and the hurt feelings that it causes, I can now look back at the past few weeks and know that God had His hand through all of these situations. Just like the Jews when they were told they were going to be killed, they knew God would take care of them. God used the timing of that edict as a reminder that He was there for them. I have definately felt God's presence through these tough times. I'm so thankful.

As women, I think we naturally hold things in. Then overtime, it builds and builds, and then we explode- or perhaps talk about that person behind their back- or just ignore them completely. Of course we need to choose our battles, but I think that to deal with a situation before it gets out of hand is very wise. Just like I learned growing up, honesty is the best answer.

I'm happy to report that the air is super duper clean at the Kramer home. I have made more phone calls to clean up old messes than I would have ever imagined, but am being blessed for it.

Friendships have been rekindled. I have an amazing peace. My heart is smiling.

Thank you, God.

2 comments:

  1. Great reminder from a fellow Drama Disliker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, God works in wonderful ways - thanks for sharing this I needed it! I did the Ester Study a year or so ago and it was great! I have had enough drama(I can't stand it either) over the past few weeks as well and you have reminded and encouraged me that God is in control. Thanks

    ReplyDelete