We had such a wonderful long week-end over the 4th! Here are some of the highlights!
The kids and I went to Okoboji, Iowa for a night with my parents. Keith has overlapping classes right now (or I should say HAD... he finished one of his classes early!) and thought that having a day to himself to get some school work done would be a good thing. He he told us to go and have some fun while he stayed home and studied! So we listened to him!!
My parents have ownership in a time share down there, and it's wonderful. There is so much to do there...
They have an indoor pool along with a few outdoor pools, so we got lots of swimming in!
Just trying to raise my daughter the best way possible by teaching her that Dr Pepper is the BEST pop ever!
We had ice cream!
We swam in the ocean! Well, ok... maybe it's just lake Okoboji, but Carsen kept calling it the ocean.
On Sunday we got together to celebrate!
On Monday Carsen & Keith went frog hunting. We've had a lot of rain here lately, and living in an under-developed neighborhood, we had lots of frogs!
Carsen didn't want to touch it with his hands, so he kept trying to scoop it up with his shovel. I think he could sense my dislike of frogs. Nothing personal... I just don't like things hopping up at me without any warning!
I love having 3 day family week-ends. I'm already looking forward to Labor Day week-end!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment