Thursday, February 25, 2010

MILK... it does a body good!

First of all, if any men happen to read my blog, this is probably a post that you don't want to read.

It's has to with breastmilk. (I picture all men gasping right now and running away from the computer as fast as they can) That's right... breastmilk. MY breastmilk.

I nursed Carsen for 1 year, and plan to do the same with Madelyn. I hated breastfeeding with Carsen at first. I would sit and cry because I felt like such a cow. (it didn't help that the first time Keith saw me pumping he "mooooooo'd at me..." :) But then I learned to enjoy the quiet time with him. Night feedings totally sucked were definately more difficult, but I quickly got used to them. And now with Madelyn, I feel like it's easier to breastfeed than it would be to bottle feed.

But here's my dilema... I'm so curious as to what it tastes like. SO curious. But the thought of actually tasting my own milk grosses me out. Big time. I have dipped my finger in it and taken a lick of it, but that's the farthest I have gone.

I'm not sure if we're going to have any more kids. We both go back and forth. (well, I go back and forth... Keith is done having kids pretty satisfied with the 2 kids we already have) Part of me thinks if I'm going to try it, I need to do it soon. Madelyn is almost 9 months, so that means 3 more months of breastfeeding her, and maybe no more kids. Ever. No more breastmilk.

Ahhh... life's dilemmas.

So, it's confession time... have YOU ever tried (or thought of trying) your breastmilk?

5 comments:

  1. I don't have any kids so obviously I haven't tried it, but I would. I've even thought about it. It seems weird but I know curiosity would win out and I'd do it. Go for it.

    Carrie B.

    There was even an episode of Friends where Ross was too scared to do it ... be braver than Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me laugh! I HAVE thought about it... and then just did what you did and dipped my finger in it, so I tasted mostly my finger. I am really curious what it tastes like though. How about you try it and let me know? :)

    By the way... nice job with crossing out your words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious where our minds go as moms! I didn't really have that much curiosity...once I was pouring it into a bottle and it ran down my hand. I almost just instinctively licked it off, but caught myself and decided to wash my hands. I don't know... google what it tastes like. Just kidding--do NOT google that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I recall, the first season of Friends...

    Carol breastfed her & Ross's son. Ross is taking care of his son, and Phoebe drinks the breast milk to check the temperature. Asking what it tastes like, Susan (Carol's partner) answers "It tastes like cantaloupe juice."

    I, personally, has just gone with that thought. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby says its good! Sweeter than regular milk...mmmm mmm does the body good!

    ReplyDelete