Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Our rockin' week-end!!

We went to Illinois this past week-end to meet our new nephew, Zachariah Douglas. He was just born last Wednesday, and is such a little cutie.

I will definitely admit that looking at this picture makes me think “hmmm… this is what our family picture would look like if we had another baby…”. But that’s another blog post for another day…

Anyways... moving right along... :)


We stayed with Keith's parents, so Carsen and Maddie got lots of play time!!

Friday night we stayed at this super cool hotel with a huge indoor waterpark called KeyLime Cove.



Carsen has been P.U.M.P.E.D. about the waterpark for about a week. It was all he would talk about. At random times, he would go in his room and put his swimtrunks on, asking if it was time to go swimming yet. And it was of course fun to put Madelyn into her girly swimsuit and take her swimming for the first time!!!



Carsen loved the kid slides. This slide in particiluar I think he went down about 5,000 times. Well, maybe not quite that much, but that's probably not too much of an exageration!! :)



Madelyn wasn't a huge fan of getting in the water. There were a lot of people there so it was quite noisy... but she was sure content hanging out with mommy and watching all the excitement going on around us! (umm, yeah... don't mind her hand, either...)



Keith and Carsen braved the wave pool and lazy river...



... while Madelyn and I hung out and watched them!!



But after a while, I told Madelyn enough was enough. We were going down the big, steep, scarey waterslide!!



(plesae ignore my big ole' thighs in the picture, and the very unflattering shot this picture provides. I have no idea how to photoshop, but wanted to include it as Madelyn's first waterslide experience!!)




After spending a couple hours at the waterpark, we headed to the arcade and played some games!!



Then I got to enjoy some BLUE MOON ice cream. I haven't had that kind in years. YUMMY!!!



It was a fun little get-a-way week-end!!! Seeing Carsen have so much fun and just being together as a family was awesome. I'm ready to go again!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a ton of fun! LOVE your suit! I saw that one at Target too and thought about getting it so I'd have one with a strap! And FYI - your thighs are TINY! "nuff said.

    ReplyDelete