Friday, February 5, 2010

good-bye 20's, hello 30's

I was born on February 7th, 1980.

That means I'm going to be 30 on Sunday. Yeah, I know... THIRTY. That's old. I don't like birthdays the way it is, but I especially don't like this one. I've been dreading this day for about 3 years now. Seriously.

My 20's were very good to me. It was a great decade. I accomplished a lot in those 10 years.

*Graduated college
*Lived in Colorado for a summer with 2 great girlfriends
*Lived in Israel for 3 months
*Got engaged
*Got married
*Lived in 3 different apartments
*Lived in 3 different houses (2 of which Keith built)
*Had a son
*Had a daughter
*My super awesome hubby pulled of an awesome surprise 30th party for me. He's the best. THE best.

It's weird... I don't feel 30. At all. In fact, I remember when I was a kid and my mom turned 35. I thought she was old. And now I'm approaching 35. (well, not really... but kind of...)

The past 10 years have been really good, and I'm confident that the next 10 years will be even better... even if I am.... *sigh*.... T.H.I.R.T.Y.

3 comments:

  1. Happy late birthday!!! And welcome to your 30's! It's really not all that bad. It was a hard one for me too. Especially since I was enormously pregnant and not sleeping well, which made me feel even older! But if it makes you feel better, you have a very cute, young face. I would never EVER guess you were 30. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, 30 is awesome! 33 is even better! For me the 30s are when things start making sense...ya know like eating your broccoli! Ha! Maybe I will just stay 33 until I am 70!

    I think I will stay anonymous...you know who I am right?... your elder! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!!! I'm 2 years and 364 days older than you! Hope you had a special birthday! I'm not liking acknowledging that I'm in my thirties, but I'm loving every single event of my thirties! Sweet kids make getting older worth it!

    ReplyDelete