Madelyn had her 18 month check up on Friday. I was leaping for joy when they weighed her...
21 pounds!
Yay! I couldn't have been happier. She's still in the 4% for her weight, but I'm just happy to have her forward facing in her carseat... finally!!
Probably not a big deal for most people. Most children turn 1, are already at the 20 pound mark and forward they go. I have been anticipating this day for 6 months now! Maddie is pretty happy about it, too!
The rest of her appointment went well. She's growing well and is a little "ahead" on her speech. Her hemangioma is shrinking. When she first got it, the doctor had a really hard time looking in her ear to see her eardrum b/c it was blocking the view. Now she can see it "easilly". Great news!
The next big milestones for Madelyn & Carsen will be merging their bedrooms in the next few months, and moving Madelyn to a toddler bed. I'd really like to try to get her potty trained before #3 arrives, but I think that might be pushing it.
We'll see! For now, I'm just happy to be able to look in my rear view mirror and see BOTH kids smiling back at me!
No comments:
Post a Comment