In case I haven't mentioned it, I'm pregnant. :) We won't have the option of finding out the gender of the baby until late Jan or early Feb.
Truth be told, when I first found out I was pregnant I was hoping for another girl. I love the girly things like ponytails and baby dolls and pink. But I also love the relationship I have with Carsen, and all the boy things that he likes. The further along I get in this pregnancy, the more I truely have no preference of what this baby is. Boy or girl, I am going to be thrilled!
With Carsen & Madelyn, we found out the gender. The clothes were all put away in their dresser before they got home, their room was painted, we were all ready. This is where my 'dilema' comes in.
I am a bit tempted to be surprised this time around. The realistic part of me says I'll never be able to wait until June. Not because the gender matters, but because I'm extremely impatient. I like to be prepared.
So here's my thinking of why we should be surprised:
We have a boy and a girl, so there's no pressure either way
Many people who have been surprised tell me that it's worth the wait
This is our last baby so if we ever want to be surprised, this is our last chance (we're so adament about this being our last, I wouldn't put it past us if we were surprised with another pregnancy- and our luck it would probably be twins or triplets!) :)
If we have another girl, her and Maddie's birthday will be within a week or 2 of eachother, so the clothing situation would be perfect.
Here's why I think we should find out:
I'm impatient.
I want to have the clothes all ready and the room painted the correct gender color.
I'm impatient.
If we have another boy, the seasons will be off for a bit, so I will need to do some shopping/garage saling before he arrives.
I'm impatient.
Carsen kind of has his heart set on another sister, so I kind of want to prepare him if he's going to have a brother. (which he would obviously be thrilled about)
I think that the 'surprise' of finding out is just as fun in the ultrasound room. There is so much excitement in the delivery room with what the baby looks like and all, I don't know if anymore anticipation is really necessary!
And last, but not least, I'm extremely impatient.
So what do YOU think? Have you been surprised? Was it worth the wait, or did it just drive you crazy!? I'm definately leaning towards finding out, but think I could definately be swayed to being surprised.....
either way is great fun.
ReplyDeleteIf you're okay with not finding out (like you don't have your heart set on one or the other) then I would say (of course this is just my opinion) to be surprised. It's fun to do once ( did it once, with the first) and don't think that the boy clothes will be a big deal...your kids could be completely different sizes and the clothing might fit even if it's the wrong season...and you'll get gifts and stuff from people...
Of course, I'll be thrilled to find out when you post that you've found out, but here's one vote for being surprised!!! :)
I vote on waiting too. I have 2 kids but both girls, if we have another I would want to find out, but because u have both already, I think waiting would be fun. U just have to decided if u are too impatient. lol best of luck with your decision.
ReplyDeleteI found out with all 3 because I'm also extremely impatient. But I will say that I loved knowing. I felt like I knew the baby better and liked that I could refer to "it" as him or her. I also loved having the nursery and clothes all ready so it took a load off when the baby arrived. I too, felt like the "surprise" during the ultrasound was exciting too. And it's still a surprise in the delivery room to see what the baby looks like and to actually meet him/her.
ReplyDeleteBut since I've never waited, I'm sure that's really fun too! Obviously, I'm leaning towards finding out, but I do have friends who waited and they loved it! Whatever your decision, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. :)
We've been surprised--oh wait, that was just with the pregnancy! :) I love finding out--it really puts my mind at ease to have clothes and everything ready to go--I would even go so far as to say, it saved us money to know in advance. However, it you like surprises and won't go crazy waiting to know, go for it!
ReplyDelete