Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm a wart...

A worry wart, that is.

Why do women worry so much? Or is it just me?

I'm so thankful and happy that Madelyn is pretty much back to her normal self. She'll be on anti-biotics for 7 more days, but the fever is gone. The fussiness is gone. Now all we're stuck with are the fun sideeffects of the medicine she's on.

I was really worried about Maddie. She seems so fragile to me. Maybe b/c she's a girl. Maybe b/c she's our "baby". Maybe b/c of all the Mayo testing we went through with her.

I constantly worry about her.

A good friend of mine (with an awesome name... AMY!) and I talk about this all the time. It's not that I don't have faith or trust that God has a plan for Madelyn. I don't doubt that His plan for Maddie is perfect. I know that God WILL provide for our every need.

But I still worry.

Madelyn was on ibuprofen every 6-8 hours to control her fever. She had her last does at 7:30 am Wednesday morning. I asked so many people to pray for her on Wednesday that her fever would NOT return. I'm thankful that her fever has not returned.

I e-mailed Keith at 4:00 yesterday and wrote "Madelyn doesn't have a fever... YAY! God is SO GOOD". His response... "good... she'll be fine... I wasn't worried".

Men & women are SOOOOO different. Sometimes they seem annoyingly different!! But I am thankful that we are. Keith is a constant, solid rock for me. Whenever I'm worried or nervous about something, he can almost calm my fears. He's much more level headed and realistic about things than I am.

I'm thankful that Maddie is better. I pray that I won't worry so much in the future. (does the worry ever end... even when they leave the house? will I worry about my grandkids the way I worry about my kids?)

I'm thankful for Keith. I'm blessed that God saw 2 people who had different yet complimenting qualities, and made the 2 molds to fit oh so perfectly together.

No comments:

Post a Comment