Sunday, May 1, 2011

She loves me... she loves me not...

Today marks 33 weeks of being pregnant for me. Believe it or not, but time is really starting to fly by. I can't believe we'll have our little girl in about 1 1/2 months- W.O.W.!!

My nesting instinct has kicked into full gear these past few weeks. I love to clean and always feel very happy and accomplished when my house is clean and organized, so I am loving this nesting and the energy that I currently have to get some things done. However, I think Keith is about to go nuts. I try really hard to focus on my kids during the day, and do the housework when they are sleeping. So that means a lot of my nesting takes place late at night... quite often, very late at night. For example: last week, Keith and I were getting ready for bed. It was about 11:00 pm, our normal bedtime. As I was brushing my teeth, I noticed the sink wasn't perfectly clean... so why not clean it, right? In fact, why not clean the WHOLE bathroom... at 11:00 pm? It wasn't the most thorough cleaning, but it was still a good cleaning, none-the-less. As I happily climbed into bed around 11:10, Keith gives me the "what were you thinking" look. I was clueless. I thought I was doing a GOOD thing by keeping a clean home. A clean home makes for a happy family, right?

Wrong. A clean home definately  makes for a happy mama, but the rest of the family doesn't mind the house not being perfectly clean or picked up.

During naptime today, I went through some piles of clothes (I can not WAIT to have a garage sale this summer and sell some of our girl stuff and all of Carsen's old things) and organized and cleaned most of the kitchen cabinets. 2 1/2 hours later I was wiped... I was in physical pain... I was ready to take it easy. So I plopped me and my big ole' belly on the couch. Then about 2 minutes later, the kids woke up. Of course! :)

So as much as I am truely LOVING getting my house organized and overly clean, I am going to try to relax a little and not hold as high of an expectation for myself. Pretty soon I'll be tending to a newborn and feeding her every 2-3 hours around the clock in addition to taking care of the family that I already have. I'm going to be tired. I'm not going to have time to have my house looking 'perfect' all the time. And look out people... I might even be a bit crabby, due to the lack of sleep... and my messy house... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment