Sunday, May 8, 2011

mother's day

Happy Mother's Day!

I love celebrating this day! I love honoring my mom, and celebrating being a mom. Being a mommy is a blessing that I think is easy to take for granted... especially on the hard days...

This week was a crazy one. My mom and I went and got pedicures together on Tuesday night. It was wonderful having a back massage while I got my feet & legs rubbed, and my toes painted oh-so-perfectly... all while spending some quality time with my mom! It felt like the prefect evening... until I started having contractions every 3 minutes on Tuesday night. After laying down and drinking about 400 gallons of water at home, they didn't stop. I went into the hospital, and was given a shot to stop the contractions. But it didn't work. They gave me some iv fluids, and that didn't help either. They told me I needed to stay overnight for observation, and even threatened sending me away to the Twin Cities or Rochester in case I were to deliver (they won't deliver before 35/36 weeks at our hospital). I was scared. I knew our little girl wasn't full term, and her being born would mean a couple of weeks of her being in the hospital. After being monitored all night (and the contractions not ever stopping) but realizing my body wasn't progressing towards labor, they finally let me go home. They gave me a sterroid shot to help with the development of the baby's lungs so in case she were to come early, she would hopefully be able to breathe on her own.

Today I didn't get any big fancy gifts, but I feel like I have everything that I could ever dream of. I have these 2 amazing kiddos who call me mommy:
I have an amazing husband who chose me to be the mother of his children. He does so much around the house, especially lately when my energy is down the tube. I'm so lucky to be loved by him.

As much as I can't wait to meet our little girl, I also know that her staying in the oven for a few more weeks is what is best for her. Here's my profile at 34 weeks...





I was so thankful that it was a nice day today and I got to show off my pretty toes, too!!!




Sorry about the obstructed view... I actually had to lean forward to get this shot... Hello 30 pounds in 34 weeks and over 10 inches in my tummy ALONE.....

Little did I know at the time that getting your ankles/legs rubbed can stimulate horomones that can cause labor. No more pedicures for me until this little girl is born!

Today was perfect. My Mother's Day was wonderful. Being a mommy is such a true joy and an incredible blessing.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a crazy week! So glad you didn't deliver yet! You tell that little sweetie she needs to stay in the oven a little longer! :)

    Have I mentioned what a cute prego you make? Seriously. You are so adorable! And I love the picture of your toes peeping out! Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Katie--you look so cute! Glad your toes are pretty and that baby girl was able to stay put for awhile longer! Take it easy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete