Friday, October 1, 2010

My happy purchase

There are certain steps that I knew I would eventually take as a mother. I am slowly checking some things off the list...

Saying some of the things my mother used to say to me... completed.
Buying a minivan... completed.
Finding a few gray hairs... completed.
Loving Friday nights where we stay at home and just "be" a family... completed.
Cutting my hair.... not quite there yet...

I've been contemplating buying a piece of jewelry representing my children for a long time. I wanted a necklace. I wanted something simple, and without birth stones. I wanted something relatively inexpensive, being my kids are going to be yanking on my chain (no pun intended) for the next 18 years.

The necklace I bought is just like this one, minus the pearl in the middle.



Of course the initials say 'C' & 'M'. I love it. Seeing this necklace around my neck makes me happy. And I love that it only cost me $37. The company is called "The Vintage Pearl". You can check out their website here. (if you're a Bachelorette fan, you'll enjoy knowing that Trista purchased her mother's necklace from this company... and we all want to be just like her, right?!)

Happy Shopping, fellow mommy friends! If you decide to make a purchase, let me know... I have a code to save you 15% off! :)

4 comments:

  1. That is super cute! I love that idea, I may just have to check that necklace out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. That is a totally cute necklace. I'm sure you look like a "cool mom" wearing that around town! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this necklace! I've been debating which piece I like the best from the Vintage Pearl! They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Amy. After baby is born I am wanting to get something too, just not sure what yet. Will let you know if I need that code though :)

    ReplyDelete