Friday, April 9, 2010

My new 'thing'

I have a new obsession hobby~

I love good deals... A LOT. When I get something on sale, I get really excited. (maybe a bit weird, but what can I say...) I have a few good friends who are big into couponing. I've dabbled into it before a bit and have really enjoyed it. In the past I have quit b/c it takes time and work... but the reward is definately worth it. I've jumped back on the couponing wagon, specifically at Walgreens. We have one in town, so making multiple trips there a week is easy. There is a website that tells me the sales that Walgreens has, and the coupons out there to match the item with. Walgreen's coupon policy allows you to use a Walgreens coupon and a manufacture's coupon on each item. So most of the items I buy are free. Sometimes I even make a few cents on purchasing the items. So here is what I got last week:
Most of these items are things I use anyways, and the ones I don't use I'll give away or sell at my garage sale this summer. Here's this week's goods so far:

I still have tonight and tomorrow to continue with this week's deals, so there's still plenty of fun to be had!
Total, I've spent about $35 or so... but I have $20 worth of register rewards to use on future purchases, and $13.50 worth of rebates coming to me from all the fancy highliters you see. So I'm out about $3!!

For example: These highliters are on sale this week for $1.19/pack, but there is a $1 Walgreens coupon, making them 19 cents/pack. However, there is a $4.50 rebate when you buy 3 packs. Score for me!
Granted there is 1 rebate per household, but that is a benefit of having LOTS of family in town. Everyone is getting rebates!!! ;)

I think I have officially lured my brother into getting these good deals, too. We both love deals, so sometimes we have little contests to see who can get more stuff! There was a Huggies diaper sale last year, and we each bought between 30 and 40 packs of diapers within a week or so!!

Anyone else want to jump on the bandwagon with us?!?!?! :)

7 comments:

  1. I love all the deals-I dabble in coupons but usually get overwhelmed with it all. What website do you use? I miss seeing you-we should plan a girls night soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Hot Coupon World. What do you use?
    Are we on for the 22nd? That's the 4th Thursday this month!! I told Amber we want to go to her house this month to check out her new espresso maker!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you posted pictures of tampons on your blog. Oh, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hip2save.com-I haven't used it a lot but I have a couple friends who love it.
    I will have to check out hot coupon world-thanks. Espresso at Ambers sounds great to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you need to teach me how to do this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good deal :)
    And I have always been impressed with your couponing, Amy!
    How much time do you think you spend on this "hobby" of yours...ie: researching, planning your trips, printing/gathering coupons, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naomi- the thing I love about it being at Walgreens (nice and close) is that it doesn't take much time. Maybe 1-2 hours a week? Depends on how many good deals there are! I don't print many coupons though... mostly just clip! :)

    ReplyDelete