*WARNING... bare belly pregnant picture posted below. Don't say I didn't warn you...*
What do Amy Kramer and Kerri Walsh have in common??
Well, not much actually.
She's tan... I am not.
She's a great volleyball player... I am not.
She's long and lean... I am not.
She's in shape... I am NOT.
About the only thing that we have in common is that we both use Kinesio Tape. Hers is to help her shoulder. Mine is to help my oh-so-sore pregnant body.
I see the chiropractor every few weeks to help me with my aches and pains. Yesterday he recommended something I had never even heard of before. He asked if I would be open to having some Kinesio Tape put on my belly. Basically it models the muscles in your stomach that you completely lose during pregnancy, and it helps support the ever-growing basketball that I am carrying out front.
I was hesitant, but thought it couldn't hurt anything. So I agreed to give it a try.
To my surprise, it is working. It is giving me some relief. The aches and pains are nowhere near gone, but I am happy to have them lessened for the time being.
The tape can stay on for about 5 days, and then I'll probably go get some more applied.
And yes people, it's waterproof... so I can still shower! :)
I am not excited about exposing my bare pregnant belly for the world to see, but I think that this tape is really cool, and am hoping that seeing it may help someone else out there who is in as much discomfort as I am.Give this a try. It's definately not something you would normally think of, but let me tell you... I was feeling pretty desperate.

wow.
ReplyDeleteThat is AWESOME!
I so could have used some of that!!!
Didn't even know it existed...how cool.
Now if I ever decide I want to destroy my stomach even worse for baby #4, maybe I'll have to look in to this :)
You look like a warrior:) Well, you kinda are right now. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI so wish you would've written this post 2 years ago!! I really could've used that with Tate! I'm glad you've found something to give you at least some relief! And your prego belly is absolutely beautiful! :)
ReplyDelete