Thursday, February 17, 2011

oh boy, it's a GIRL!!!

We had our level II ultrasound yesterday. Because of my heart palpitations and my pre-term contractions (I landed in the woman's health unit again for observation this past week-end) I was labeled "high risk". The high risk OB from Mayo Clinic in Rochester was in town so I saw him, along with an amazing ultrasound tech. Apparantly this tech has been doing ultrasounds for 20 years, and it was quite obvious. She was awesome. She was zooming around my tummy, and showing us all sorts of really cool things with the baby. They checked baby's brain, spine, heart chambers, feet (for club feet), lip (for cleft lip), spine, belly button location, blood vessels, kidneys, bladder... it was amazing. This lady obviously really knows what she is doing. She said that our baby is a text book baby, and is perfect in every way as of now.
With all of the symptoms I've been having and how crummy they make me feel, it was a HUGE relief to see that baby is healthy and thriving and doing well. I'm measuring right on time.
She also confirmed today that baby is a girl. (well, she was 99% sure...) :) It was good to get confirmation again. Now I can start going through baby girl clothes, etc. I can't wait. I THINK we even agree on a name. Yay!!
As far as my heart palpitations... the doctor is confident that once I deliver that they will go away on their own. I may have some additional testing to confirm that, but knowing that they are not harming the baby in anyway calms my fears. Knowing that the baby is healthy makes me not worry about the palpitations.
The appointment today could not have gone any better. I heard everything that I wanted to hear. Baby is healthy. Baby is thriving. AND.... baby is a girl. :)

2 comments:

  1. If that's that is the only ultrasound you have like that I'm jealous. I go through those kind every month. We've been told we are having a girl, but I still ask every time just to make sure. :)

    ReplyDelete