Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Attitude- CHECK.

Yeah, so I admit it. I cried myself to sleep last night. I was having a pity party and feeling bad for myself. On Monday (which happened to be my birthday) I had an EKG for all the heart palpitations that I've been having. Yesterday at 21 weeks pregnant, I started contracting every few minutes and landed myself a front row seat up at the woman's health unit at the hospital for a few hours of monitoring. So last night I came home and felt defeated and tired.
However this morning when I woke up, I checked my bad attitude at the side of my bed, and decided it was going to be a good day. Yes, my heart is still palpitating. Yes, my contractions are still occuring every few minutes. But I'm choosing to focus on the positives rather than dwell on the negatives.
Have you heard of the saying "The grass is always greener on the other side"? Well, I tend to believe that someone is always worse off than I am, too. For example:
*Some childhood friends lost their adult son on Sunday.
*My grandpa has been mourning the loss of his wife for almost a year now, and wants nothing more than to go to Heaven to be with her.
*I know of too many people who are unemployed because of the horrible economy and even struggling to buy food and the bare necessities.
Yes, this pregnancy is taking a toll on my body and I'm in pain in places I didn't know could hurt, however I'm choosing to have a good attitude about it and not complain. I'm going to try to enjoy the next 4 months of being pregnant with our little girl. I'm going to continue to thank God that he has entrusted me with this precious gift.

And believe it or not...

I'm probably going to be sad in a year or 2... knowing that I'll never be pregnant again.

I am truely blessed... and I thank God for it.

3 comments:

  1. thanks, Amy.
    this was a very appropriate reminder to me right now. Thanks for posting! Hope you're feeling better soon...God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the pregnancy things happening to you! Not enjoyable to endure those things!
    Good perspective though! God is good and faithfulness endures forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your contractions! Yikes! I will definitely be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete