Monday, June 6, 2011

Madelyn is T-W-O!


Madelyn turned 2 on Saturday!

 We had such a fun week-end celebrating. We started the day off by having our family's tradition birthday pancakes for breakfast, then we headed out to the water park in our town. Madelyn and Carsen both had a BLAST! As you can see, Madelyn mastered the elephant slide all by herself before our 2 hour visit was over.


After the pool we came home to a wonderful surprise. My sister and her family drove up from Iowa for a surprise visit. I don't think Madelyn could have asked for a better gift!! :)



That night we ate supper, opened presents and ate birthday cake. My mom used to make these cupcakes in cones for us growing up, and I loved them. Madelyn was very specific that she wanted PINK cake with PINK frosting and PINK sprinkles. This little girl is ALL girl!!

 Madelyn brings our family so much joy. She is full of spunk and is constantly making us laugh, but she loves to snuggle. She knows her colors (with her favorite being... PINK!), can count to 15 (with minimal help), loves monkeys, loves to sing and absolutely adores her big brother. (I'm allowed to brag about her on her birthday post, right?!) :) 
She loves taking care of her babies, so I know that she will also make a great Big Sister.

I say this whenever my kids have a birthday, but I have no idea where the last 2 years have gone. They say that time flies when you're having fun. Well, having fun we are!

Happy Birthday, Madelyn Lou!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Maddie! Happy Birthday! I can't believe she's already 2 and I haven't even known you that long!! :) The years do fly by, that's for sure. The cupcake in an ice cream cone idea is pure genius. I'll have to give that a try someday!

    ReplyDelete