Keith turned 30 on Thursday. It has been quite lonely being in my 30's all by myself the past 6 months, so I'm glad he's finally here! :)
Keith worked on Thursday, so I surprised him at work with balloons and donuts for his office. We went out for lunch (just the 2 of us!) and then our family headed to Owatonna that evening. We ate dinner with some good friends, and then Keith played frisbee golf with a couple of friends, while us wives/kids played at the park!
Friday night, we left these 2 cute little kiddies at home with their grandpa & grandma...
Keith & I went to a hotel in the Twin Cities for the night. We love our kids like crazy, but it was sure nice to get away, just the 2 of us.
Being a mom obviously brings out the responsible side of me. So it was nice to let loose and act crazy relax last night.
I of course wanted to capture every detail via my camera.
Thank goodness for the self timer
Keith LOVES the self-timer
Then I just started taking random pictures
Keith also LOVES random pictures. So he took one himself.
Yeah... you know it's been too long since you've gotten out when giggling and tickeling and stealing the camera to get a picture of the person is considered entertainment!
We ate dinner at TGIFridays. Keith was super pumped when I told the waitress we were celebrating his birthday!
He especially loved it when she shouted to the whole restaurant that it was "Keith's 16th birthday!".
Yes, my Keith LOVES being the center of attention!!
We did some shopping, and then headed back to the hotel and did some swimming!
Our night away was perfect.
We laughed.
We reconnected.
We talked.
We held hands.
We snuggled.
We had a blast.
This morning we slept in (sleeping in means staying in bed until 8:00! Pure heaven!), ate breakfast and did more shopping before returning home. We missed the kids, but we defintaely would have been ok staying another night! Next August we will celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary, and are already looking forward to an extended vacation somewhere. Any volunteers to babysit?!?! :)
Keith has done a lot these past 10 years.
Moved to MN. Got married. Graduated college. Built 2 houses for us. Had a son. Had a daughter. Is in the thick of completing his Masters of Accounting degree.
Yeah... I'm pretty proud of him.
Happy birthday, Keith! Glad you lovebirds had a fun get-away! And Amy, I love your necklace. I have 2 of those... ;)
ReplyDelete