At our ultrasound today, we found out we're having another little girl. To be honest, I am in complete shock as I really thought we were having a boy. It's a very good shock, though. I am so excited about having more bows and fingernail polish and pink clothes in our house.
Going into the ultrasound, I honestly had no preference on the gender. Yesterday I was hoping for a boy, but this morning I e-mailed Keith and said "I hope it's a girl". A boy or a girl would have been a complete blessing.
But now that I know that we're having a girl, I am so happy thinking about how our life will be with a son a 2 daughters. I love the idea of Keith and Carsen doing fun guy things together, while my girls and I stay home and do manicures and pedicures together. I love that Madelyn will have a little sister, but that both of my girls will have an older brother to look up to. All these thoughts going through my head tonight brings a huge smile to my face. I'm so happy.
These thoughts make me realize even more than ever that our family will truely be complete after this baby is born. Keith and I always agreed that we wanted 2 or 3 kids. Neither of us were satisfied with 2, but we're also not up for the challenge of having 4. We are in 100% complete agreement that this is our last child. The decision was made even more clear today when the doctor advised us that we should really consider this being our last child. My body is going through a lot with this pregnancy, and the doctor says it's my body's way of telling me it doesn't like being pregnant. However as uncomfortable I am and amidst all the pain I'm in, I consider it a true blessing and honor to be pregnant with our 3rd, last child. I am enjoying this last time of having a miracle growing inside of me to the very fullest.
Keith and I had a boy's name picked out, but not a girl's. So tonight we were discussing what our little girl's name will be. I can't wait to go through Madelyn's old clothes and get the newborn clothes ready again. (along with buying at least a few new ones). I have a few friends who aren't finding out the gender of their baby until the delivery, which I totally respect, but I'm way too impatient. I personally LOVE this stage of pregnancy and knowing the gender and planning.
Everything looked good on the ultrasound today, and we pray that our little girl arrives safely on or around (preferably before!) her June 19th due date... which happens to be Father's Day. :)
yeah for 2 girls and a boy!
ReplyDeleteyeah for knowing that you're sweet family is complete! (Brett and I are still "in negotiations" about that :)
yeah for being in the "fun stage" of pregnancy!
yeah for everything!!!
OH, and I totally heart your "A" shirt! You are TOOO talented!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm so hoping for a girl, but will be happy just to know...soon!
ReplyDeleteOur "negotiations" of baby #'s were "finished" too...just saying! :)
Oh, we're making real sure that this is our last. There will be a surgery completed before the year is over. :)
ReplyDelete